Below you will find info on how to participate in the first-ever Laramie Solar Tour! Please know that there are multiple options to participate!
Starts at 10:00 am on Saturday at the Laramie Ice & Events Center located at 3510 East Garfield, and concludes at Noon at the Downtown Clinic with seven Laramie-based locations to visit. Meet us at the Ice & Events Center at 10:00 and we’ll follow the orange path on this map:https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer…
Self-Guided Driving Tour:
Starts at 10:00 am on Saturday and continues through 1:00 pm with twelve Laramie-based locations to visit. Note that some locations may only feature hosts at times listed in the bike tour schedule (found at the bottom of this post), but also note that the driving tour includes more stops than the bike tour. We encourage participants of the self-guided driving tour to visit ALL the great solar installations listed here in our info handout:https://wearelaramie.org/…/Self-Guided-Solar-Tour-2-1…
Portions of the tour will be livestreamed via Zoom and Facebook, so please tune in if you aren’t wanting to be there in person for the bike and/or self-guided driving tours. Stream the tour on Saturday using the Zoom link below, or by visiting the Alliance for Renewable Energy of Laramie’s Facebook page.https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87411186953..
Bike tour schedule:
1. Laramie Ice & Event Center (10:00-10:15 AM) @ 3510 Garfield St
2. UW Indoor Practice Facility (10:25-10:35 AM) @ North side of War Memorial Stadium parking lot
3. UW Visual Art Center(10:40-10:50 AM) @ Near corner of Willett Dr and 22nd St
4. Bim Kendall House/Haub School(11:00-11:10 AM) @ 804 E Fremont St
5. Residence at 902 E Kearney St(11:20-11:25 AM) @ Navy blue house
6. Reed Zars Law Office(11:25-11:35 AM) @ 910 E Kearney St7. Downtown Clinic(11:45 AM-Noon) @ 615 2nd St
We should have some really nice fall weather on Saturday, but do bring layers in case you get cold. While experiencing the tour please remember to wear a mask when interacting with others and to remain socially distant when possible. We encourage you to stay outside for the entirety of the event. If you wish to receive this info in an email, please RSVP at the weblink just below by Friday Oct 1 at Noon.https://www.nationalsolartour.org/tou…/laramie-solar-tour/
See you there!